Sunday 1 March 2015

Chad Nguyen - Character Description and Jacket choice

My character is Chad Nguyen – a stereotypical jock and “jerk”. Chad is the captain of his high school football team. He is given special treatment by teachers, such as little to no punishment for bad behaviour. As the jock in our high school teen drama film, I’m known as the muscle-head. This is because jocks are stereotyped as muscular, and not clever. Chad is an ego-maniac that mainly talks about his accomplishments in football, and sex-life. He’s a jerk that bullies and mistreats people that he considers “losers” and not as popular as him. Other characteristics of Chad Nguyen are:

·         Arrogant and rude
·         Violent, aggressive and short-tempered
·         Generally popular with girls
·         Enjoys sex
·         Trouble-maker

A jock is represented and shown by his clothes, especially the jacket. The jacket Chad wears plays an important role in representing him as the jock and jerk. I have to carefully think about the jacket I choose to wear when acting as Chad.

Jacket 1
Jacket 2
I looked through my wardrobe and narrowed my jacket options down to two jackets. Personally, I think these two jackets are the most suitable jackets I have for representing a jock character, Chad Nguyen. However, I think jacket 1 is more appropriate when representing a jock. This is because the jacket is big, and the design makes the person wearing the jacket look muscular and stocky - stereotypical characteristics of a jock.

No comments:

Post a Comment